Undoing - Design


Garcia, Collin. Undoing-Design. Communication Arts, 2017,
 www.commarts.com/project/25162/undoing-design
I really like the Magazine Communication Arts. There is always something great in there to be inspired by or something to just appreciate. I really liked this design, because it was different and reminds me of things I use to see in my childhood. I couldn't tell you an example, but its the vibe I'm getting from it. There is a triadic color scheme and the colors really pop and the white especially. There is a lot of repetition and sense of movement through out a lot of the letters. The red ones show more dimension  more so than the blue that shows movement. I think the vertical type is a nice touch.  It breaks your eye away from the grouped image. You can definitely appreciate it more. 
And side note: the repeating images (the "U" and "G") remind me of when I was a kid and the computer would freeze up and if you move the pop up window it would repeat itself.  

Comments