Game On

Fry, Barrett. Game On. 2016. Print Magazine.
N.p.: n.p., 20016/2017. 59. Print

This a publication from Print Magazine and was one of the pieces that was in the Regional Design Awards.
There wasn't much information on the piece itself but is one of my favorites out of the magazine or my blog posts even.

If I had to guess what type of font is being used I would say, maybe, Amble Bold (sans-serif.) I really enjoy the limited color pallet and its use of line work or negative space that fills the space up in a creative way. The solid red areas are there, but not in an over barring way; because of the proximity, continuation and emphasis on the subject matter and type. Also to be noted is the use of shading in and below the helmet and the white rose's petals help create dimension and avoid the image to be too flat. Also some subtle highlights are in the crow to create the same illusion. Its unified with what's here and if there was anything else to be added would make it chaotic or congested.

I was attracted to this piece because of the interesting, yet simple, color scheme. I love the line work in front of the crow and how only a small fraction of those lines go past. I love how the helmet is smoking and has the numbers behind it. It just appeals to me. If this was a poster I totally would have one some where in my house.

Comments